Molly Susan Strong

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Garden time is for more inspired art...



Toile tonal look with a little bit of "water color".

I am really trying to take some time
to do what I love...
paint.

Organic subjects are my favorite...
do not ask me to paint your wall blue
or draw a building.
Yuck.

Any floral, green, tree, animal, insect
(yes, bee obsessed!)
and I will gladly oblige. 

My last inspired piece
from my last blog entry sold at


to a lovely lady
for her favorite reading nook.
I am only sad
I did not get to meet her. 
 One of my cohorts at Chartreuse
said she was "giddy" with excitement.

Now sometimes I post onto my
FB page my latest work...



I sent a note to some of my pals
with a picture
and this is what I got back.

 Molly,

 

I think your new work of art is another amazing example of your talent and I love the piece!
I also remember you telling me about the original and how it inspired you to interpret the piece your way which got me thinking.

Why not try it myself? How hard can it be, right? What is "art" anyway? It's how someone expresses themselves, and so I thought I'd try my hand at it, and I have to tell you, I think I nailed it!

I'd love to hear your comments, but please be kind because this is my first attempt at it and I feel as an emerging artist I'm a little vulnerable.
My new work is attached.

Just as a little fyi - it's mostly tonal, done on re purposed medium, and represents one woman's struggle to compete in today's competitive society.

It's raw. It's real. It's for sale.





Well needless to say, due to my age,
I nearly wet my pants. 
Oh Gail, my lovely friend....
I am buying it!
You gotta have a friend like this!

So,

When I am an old lady
(I know I am old but OLDER)
I want to be sitting at my easel
(now I prefer my kitchen counter)
looking out at the ocean
and painting my favorite flower
gently blowing in the breeze.

Molly
FYI - I don't really obsess about my age...
I have earned the honor of this age and am loving it, mostly!  Ha!

I do, however, obsess about comments.  I love them.
Let me know you came by!









Making
Anything Related

http://sassysites.blogspot.com/



Transformation Thursday

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece! Thanks for the reminder to stay true to what is in your heart! It is easy to be pulled away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Molly! Love the colors. Lovin' Gails "piece" as well. Way too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do think I nailed it! Wait until you see my most recent work of art!


    Thanks for the great press - I am sure an art benefactor will be calling me soon to add my piece to her collection!

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love Your Style & Your Blog.... a New Follower Here~
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this painting. It is beautiful. You are very talented.

    Hope you can stop by and visit my blog.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. So talented!! Great stuff here! Happy to see your creative idea linked up last week at my K.I.S.S. blog bash. Looking forward to seeing what great project you share this week, remember the link is open until Tuesday @ midnight {CST}.

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog