Molly Susan Strong

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh so NOT trash...I told you so!



So there was a piece of furniture
even "the man" would not repair. 
 I mean Denny will take anything on. 

Well, I did the undo able. 

I did what others would not. 

Yes, yes, no before picture...dang it!
Awful bubbled blackish finish...
drawer lined with velvet
but I thought it was mold,
door busted in two,
 veneer in such ill repair...
you get the idea.

AND...
I love it so much
I will not let it go. 
 It  is mine, all mine. 
My peers doubted me (ahem...Lindsay)

In this business furniture comes and goes...
I trade in and out but I think this is a keeper. 
  
Repaired, filled and fussed...


Original hardware and key holes too...
bowed front, curvy curves and
WHEELS TOO!
I just love anything on wheels!
Still ruddy and chippy just how I like it!

I added some things I adore...

Angels

Ironware and a cloche with a Fran original

Shutter to die for...ooooo the patina!

Silk rouched shades and crystals dangling
(Oh and my gausey ruffled 106"panels...
made by me sorta, well, the ruffle part!)

So this little place in my dining room feels dreamy...
creams with touches of blues and greens...
texture galore...
items made by friends dear
and history galore
( I wish I knew its story)

So I will start its story here,
a new home full of appreciation
and love.

I am a visual sole..
This makes mine sing...swoon.
JOY

Molly
What makes you swoon?












http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/2010/12/whatever-goes-wednesday-42.html

13 comments:

  1. What makes me swoon? Matthew McConaughy (sp?) But that piece is a close second. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too long...mostly the repair was timely due to waiting for glue to cure...wood glue and clamps were my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you rescued this piece...it is fabulous! Love the detail on the doors.
    Happy Holidays,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bow down to you Dr. Molly....The piece looks great! You're a sure furniture surgeon if i've ever seen one! You shoulda taken a before picture so people could REALLY appreciate the after! I hope you wore your gas mask!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Molly . . . that piece is gorgeous!! You did an awesome job on it :-)

    I'm following you from Your So Very Creative . . . looking forward to checking out more of your blog.

    Happy Monday . . . Gina

    http://labelladiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, cute ideas. Looks great. Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What an amazing piece. Gorgeous. I'm your now your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back. Can't wait to browse more in your blog.
    Have a great week!
    www.beatricebanks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous piece, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! What a wonderful piece!

    I'm lovin your blog! Thanks for inviting me over :D

    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is absolutely beautiful! like a small buffet. I love the height of it, well, I love everything about it! Glad you rescued it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful piece ... you definitely have the talent of seeing the potential in unwanted, discarded, given-up-on treasures! Lovely to run into you today!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog