Molly Susan Strong

Monday, April 12, 2010

A Story to tell...

This dresser has a story. 
This dresser's story did not begin with me.
It had a life before...wish I knew its history.
Some cultures believe the spirit stays with a piece...
This spirit is sweet.
I met it in a barn...
top off
 burn marks
black rings
no handles
drawer slats off
A loss cause?
OH NO!
I had in mind a resue.
I had to do many a things...
attach top, saw out drawer front,
pull apart two drawers, reuse and
make shelf from said drawers to hold baskets,
paint, create new pulls, white wash baskets,

Why not add a key?
And on and on...
Now I love this little rescue and revamp.
LOVE.
How can I sell it at my next sale?
Someone else will love it too.
Onto my next rescue.
Create.
Something.
From.
Nothing.
Passion.


Molly

Linked to so come check out all the great things:
Oh and with pictures...so cool!

12 comments:

  1. molly that is sooo cute! i love it! you know i would buy it if i didn't already do the same type of work myself. i love the charm and the pulls and the chippy paint..... precious!!! actually with the baskets underneath it would make a fantastic changing table or bathroom vanity. great work! i will be away this weekend meeting my nephew so will miss your sale. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting way to present a piece. I love to think that they have a spirit too with stories to tell. Thanks for sharing it looks amazing.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I am a sucker for baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your post. Love the piece! Dropping by from BNOTP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So charming! You did a wonderful job! I love the key and burlap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a FANTASTIC job on that re-do! Don't you love doing that? Well, when you have time I mean. It's been a while for me. LOVE all the touches and effort you put into this one. Thanks for sharing and reminding me of what fun it is. I'll keep my eyes open. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous transformation Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like what you did with it. It's very rustic and really looks like it has a fabulous story to tell. That's what I love about antiques.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you tied jute to form the drawer pulls - very clever - looks so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome jute pulls...this is such a COOL makeover! Thanks for coming to NTT to show her off!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love looking at this shop. I can't wait until I can come visit it in person. I look forward to meeting you at Lucketts!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog