Molly Susan Strong

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hope

I look to the New Year with much hope.
Hope for so much, for so many. 
My husband gave me a lovely book of quotes
 as I love words in the same way I love all beautiful things... 
A sweet smile, a clever quip, a gentle touch, a birds song, a bees wings.


Hope is the thing with feathers,
that perches in the soul,
and sings the tune without words,
and never stops at all.
--Emily Dickinson

Here is a toast to you.  May this year bring you all that you hope.


7 comments:

  1. Such nice thoughts Molly girl! I love the updates to your blog!! I made the coolest chalkboards with some of that "motherload of wood" I got. Just finished them up tonight. Too tired to post pics of them right now but I will tomorrow. Check it out when you can :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way...that possibilities" sign...do you still have that one? I love that quote! I know there is one at the shop but I like the image of the girl walking the piggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first book of poetry I ever received was from my Grandmother. It was Emily Dickinson:) How lovely to meet you and your blog! Have a ball ringing in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly, thank you for visiting my blog, I'm so happy to have a new friend! That is my very favorite Emily Dickinson quote, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly,
    Love the quote you chose by Emily Dickinson, it is a fav. Wish I could come shop your cute store. I will be following you in '10. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Molly,
    Beautiful post! It's 01/01/2010, and what a joy it is to "find" you! I just joined as a "Follower" and look forward to visiting often.
    Happy New Year to you and yours!
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Emily Dickinson's poems! So happy to meet you! Glad you found me so I could come and see your delightful blog! Love those birds...I've been crafting with similar bird images all day! Wonderful! Happy New Year! Coralie (I've signed on to follow!)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog